Saturday, February 6, 2010

snow picnic II






I had quite a bit of food, so I only made one hors d'oeuvre, little crab cakes with a spicy coconut chutney. I considered white asparagus too, but honestly I think they look prettier than they taste. The chutney was amazing- sweet, spicy and creamy. And it looked just like snow. They were lovely with the sugar on snow cocktails.

Spicy Coconut Chutney

3 chilies, chopped coarse
3 tbs onion
2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
1 tsp dried mint leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup greek yogurt

Chop up the chilies, onion, coconut, zest and mint in a food processor until finely ground. (My mini size processor was the perfect size.) Add yogurt, salt and pepper. Blend until creamy and reasonable smooth.

No comments: