Thursday, June 12, 2014

all the fabrics

So I recently discovered Spoonflower.com (or rediscovered it anyway) and if you're a fabric hoarder like myself, you're going to want to check it out. So. much. fabric. Seriously I think I have 60 designs in my cart right now. (I can't really buy that many right??) Anyway I've become somewhat obsessed with fabric design as a result, which makes sense as I'm an artist/ designer and fabric junky... not really sure why I never thought of it before. I set up a shop (added a link on the sidebar) and while nothing is for sale quite yet it will be shortly. (Shortly in mommy time seems to take longer than it used to fair warning) I also entered their "Cosmic Voyage" contest because I am a giant space nerd and to my delight made the semifinals. So if you are so inclined I would be honored if you voted for me! 
http://www.spoonflower.com/contest_voters_temp/new?contest_id=256 You have to scroll through all the designs, but you don't need to register or anything annoying like that. (My fabric is called Orion's Star Map) 



I also designed some bibs on cafe press- I haven't listed them for sale though because the terms seem to indicate that they take possession of the artwork- does anyone have any experience with them? And perhaps someday I'll actually start selling things in the etsy shop I opened years ago instead constantly buying things... sigh. 

No comments: