Sunday, March 14, 2010

winter food co-op


I joined the Mill Valley winter co-op and I had grand plans to document and post about everything that I made every week, but well that hasn't exactly happened. I have been tagging posts that came from the co-op as such but I have not been staying on top of it. That will happen when you have 4 jobs I guess. This was one of my favorites- it was inspired by the oranges and red onions that I got that week, I really wanted to use them together. Endive and fennel are two of my favorite winter crops so I threw them in as well. Around March or so I start really craving salad and this was perfect. Crunchy and salady- while still being seasonally appropriate.

winter red onion, orange endive & fennel salad

  • 1 fennel bulb sliced thin
  • 1 endive
  • 1 red onion sliced thin
  • 1-2 oranges supremed

toss veggies with dressing

chipotle orange maple dressing
adapted from epicurious

  • 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons dark amber or Grade B maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon Sherry vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo
  • salt & pepper

Whisk together orange juice, syrup, oil, vinegar, onion, lemon juice, chipotle with adobo sauce, and salt in a bowl until combined well.

No comments: