Wednesday, March 17, 2010

fennel cinnamon soda bread



I came across this recipe and immediately set it aside to make for st. patty's day. Then I actually read it, and was dismayed to find that it didn't have any actual fennel it it-- just fennel seed. So I concocted my own recipe with caramelized fennel, raisins and a dash of cinnamon. It was delicious. I can't however, seem to locate the paper I wrote it down on. That paper may not actual exist on second thought. If I find it I'll add more specific directions, but you could really add caramelized fennel and raisins to any favorite soda bread recipe. It did add quite a bit of moisture to the recipe and I had to cook it quite it bit longer than anticipated to compensate. It tasted kind of like a giant scone. Actually whole wheat fennel scones would be awesome too... that might be next of my list.

No comments: